waking up without a care with the sun dancing through my blinds
laughing till it hurt
through endless summer nights
under that bright sweet moon.
Crazy to think that same moon is up in the sky tonight.
It's a full moon.
Radiant and bright.
With the stars reflecting as though it's a giant disco ball.
I'm in love with the moon.
Always have been,
always will be.
A lot has changed.
A lot is the same.
Life's been a rocky road.
It's been a little cold at times,
but there's always chocolate,
and there's been a few great nuts along the way.
Overall, I can't complain. :)
Sorry I didn't have anything worthwhile to say over the Summer.
...Not to be confused with the idea that I suddenly do now.
It's just time to carry on with this record again.
No matter how jumbled it may be.
Ya know, I was thinking this morning.
The sky is really just the angel's sketchbook.
I love looking at their doodles in the clouds.
They sure do have a sense of humor sometimes.
I love watching the sunsets as they experiment with color.
This morning was especially beautiful.
Sometimes we're just really super blessed.
I think it's pretty crazy how much power our little noggin's have.
There comes a time every day
where I get to decide what kind of day it is.
Some days it's as though I do a little tally
of the good and bad things that have happened so far,
and whichever side has more
predetermines the type of day the rest will be.
But most days it just takes one thing.
Waking up late, a headache, or just simply being tired.
Just one little pesky thing can tip the scales.
And once your mind is made up that it's a bad day
it quite easily
-as well as very quickly-
becomes progressively worse and worse.
It's become quite apparent to me
just how much it works the same way
when you choose to be happy.
Ever since I was little,
instead of wishing us a good day
on the way out my dad has always said,
"Make it a great day!"
"Make it a great day!"
No doubt, being happy is a choice.
Because, let's face it.
We're ALL tired.
A vast majority of us are sick right now.
We all have something that's weighing us down,
and some loads are heavier than others.
There's a lot of valid arguments to have a bad day.
I've had my fair share of bad days.
I think it's okay to have a bad day every once in awhile.
I'm not saying every day is a piece of pie,
or that you have to be some puppet
with a smile plastered on your face.
But I know wallowing in self-pity
and worrying about things I have no control over
definitely doesn't make me feel any better,
that's for sure.
I only say that because..
Well, I've been guilty of that lately.
It's easy to slip into that way of life.
It was nice to be reminded again how to be happy.
Here's a little glimpse of where this is coming from:
Last Wednesday I woke up late.
Not only did I wake up late,
but I woke up sick.
Not only did I wake up sick,
Charlie Brown (the funnest show ever) had closed the night before.
I got to school late looking slightly hobo-ish and glum
and as I walked to the front doors of the school
I was greeted by my favorite janitor.
He was outside singin' this cheery little tune.
I didn't recognize it, but it was one of those old jolly ones.
He greeted me with a smile,
opened the door for me,
and wished me a great day.
BAM!
I was faced with the choice.
How could it not be a good day???
I wish every day I was greeted like that.
It may sound silly,
but it really made me smile.
And the whole day turned around from there.
And the whole day turned around from there.
Despite the first set-backs,
it really was an awesome day.
Lately I've also been reminded how happy service makes me.
Sounds silly, sounds basic, may sound self-righteous, but r e a l l y .
I was being a self-centered scumbag
and then a friend prompted me to help out another friend
and BAM!
Why is the Lord so good?
Serving is just like a double wamey.
It's a win-win situation.
How could I forget that?
I don't even know.
I don't even know.
It's easy for me to forget the basics sometimes.
So, I've made my choice already.
This week is one fantastic week!
I'm making it one.
I'm making it one.
This Senior year is going to ROCK!!!
Junior year was the worst.
Junior year was the worst.
My attitude was the worst-
I expected it to be the worst-
So obviously it was.
I have high hopes for this year.
It's already looking promising.
I am going to make it the best year yet!!
Because if I am going to be doing something,
why not give it 100%?
If I'm alive tomorrow
If I'm alive tomorrow
why simply survive?
Why not live?
Why not live?
It's good to be back.
.Haily.
No comments:
Post a Comment