The first class I went to was
Dating V.S. Hanging Out.
Dating V.S. Hanging Out.
(Which was really useful for me, being in High School, to help know the difference.)
He said something about hanging out that I haven't thought of before.
When you're hanging out,
the person who benefits is the guy.
the person who benefits is the guy.
He gets all the benefits of a date.
He gets to spend time with you
He gets to spend time with you
without having to do anything.
He doesn't have to pay,
he doesn't have to commit to taking care of you,
he doesn't even have to plan anything,
he doesn't have to meet your parents,
and if it's at the girl's house
he doesn't even have to provide food.
And yet despite all the lack of responsibility,
he still gets some of the benefits of a date.
he doesn't have to meet your parents,
and if it's at the girl's house
he doesn't even have to provide food.
And yet despite all the lack of responsibility,
he still gets some of the benefits of a date.
Hanging out is Satan's counterfeit of dating.
Dating prepares a guy for marriage,
hanging out prepares a guy for bachelor ship.
A little harsh,
but really interesting.
but really interesting.
I don't think hanging out is bad
as long as it's in moderation.
I see the wisdom in his advice,
and honestly,
as long as it's in moderation.
I see the wisdom in his advice,
and honestly,
It is just SO much more fun to go on dates.
But before going to hang out
He suggested asking yourself these questions:
1. What is my intent?
2. What do I hope to gain?
2. What do I hope to gain?
3. Am I pairing up?
(Talking to one person even while in a group of friends)
Another important thing is to make sure there's a plan.
My parents have always drilled me on this,
and I finally see the wisdom in it.
My parents have always drilled me on this,
and I finally see the wisdom in it.
When there's not a plan that's when you can get into trouble.
Plus if there's no plan it's usually boring.
Sitting around playing the
"what do you want to do?"
"I dunno, what do you want to do?"
game.
Plus if there's no plan it's usually boring.
Sitting around playing the
"what do you want to do?"
"I dunno, what do you want to do?"
game.
So what is the difference between hanging out and dating?
He gave the 3 P's that make it qualify for a date.
Planned, Paid For, Paired Off
He also talked about the
"Awkward Hybrid Activity"
that happens when you're hanging out with a group of friends
and there is a couple paired off ignoring the group the whole time.
I've definitely been at one of those before..
not fun.
not fun.
For me I definitely see why you should avoid hanging out frequently. Towards the end I kept getting this prompting to ask a guy on a date. (Not a specific person, just asking a guy in general.) Other than girl's ask dances, I have never asked a guy on a date. There's this little piece of me that feels like a creeper to ask. The other piece of me thinks it's awesome and the guy would probably love it. But I'm not really sure..
What do you think? Is that weird for a girl to ask a guy on a date?
But as for Dating V.S. Hanging Out,
I want to know,
what are your thoughts on the topic?
What have been your experiences with both of them?
Comment below, I really want to hear what you have to say.
I like hearing different opinions. :)Haily.
No comments:
Post a Comment