Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Silly Nerd Comparison..

Another perfect summer day. I swear, we have just been blessed with perfect weather this summer.
I love waking up to the sun's glow dancing through my blinds.
I love it.
It means it's gonna be a good day.
It means anything is possible today.
It means it's a fresh start.
And what do I do..?
I get on the computer. Hah. Wow. :)

I have an itch to create.
I have an itch to paint.
But I don't know how to oil yet.
I feel like I'm not a real artist until I can paint with oil.
It kinda like being the Avatar.
As the Avatar you have to know how to bend all the four elements before you can be the complete Avatar.

Air.
Water.
Earth.
Fire.
...

Charcoal.
Graphite.
Watercolor.
Oil.
I can't use Charcoal at all.
It just really clashes with my artistic style, 
just like Air clashes with Korra's personality.
I don't even want to learn at the moment.
It just doesn't work.
I can Graphite.
 But I still have galaxies left to learn.
Just like learning how to heal with water,
There's always new techniques to learn.
And you're not amazing until you can blood-bend
I can Watercolor.
But I'm not confident enough in it yet.
I'm still in basic mode.
I've moved some earth before,
But I long to move mountains.
I can't use Oil for the life of me.
Supposedly it's easy because you can cover up your mistakes.
Lies. ...Fail, after fail, after fail.
And it's the one that goes flawlessly with my artistic style.
The one I want to be able to do the most.


So that's where I'm at in my progress.
An itch to create, 
but my nails are too short.
What am I doing on the computer?
I need to go improve my skills.
We'll see what happens.
Sorry bout the inner-nerd coming out.
Hope you have a dazzling summer day.
.Haily :)

No comments: