Friday, June 1, 2012

Where is the line?

Blogs are a tricky thing.
I’ve been trying to work out in my head how I feel about them.
Some people’s blogs literally spill out their heart. Every thought good or bad, every everything.
That’s just dumb.
I’d rather not let the world know everything about me. But then some are just too vague and boring. And half of my wants to spill out my heart, too. But the other half has common sense. So this year while I was spacing out the thought of where to draw the line with my blog kept coming into my head. It’s not a journal, but it is, but it isn’t.
So I just stopped writing.
Better safe than sorry, right?
But looking back and reading, I like remembering what I wrote. And I love blog stalking.
Lately I’ve been working a lot on being more honest.
It’s not like I lie and steal and stuff. I just don’t usually share what’s on my mind. I just like to keep it closed and glazed over for the most part. But I love people that are just 100 % honest and bold and themselves. Not in a hurtful way, but in the way that they tell you exactly what they think.
They’re an open book.
It makes it easier to trust them because you can tell exactly what’s going on inside. Chris Brousseau is like that. Ask him anything you want and he’ll shoot straight with ya. Claire Forste is like that. She is so adorably quirky, and she has her own opinion. I love it.
Sometimes I feel like I just adopt opinions.
You think that’s cool? Okay. I think so, too. You like that band? Yeah, you’re right, they‘re cool.
I hate that I do that. But I also hate it when people try so hard to be different. It’s a little frustrating.
I just like for everyone to get along.
I hate disagreeing with people so much that I just seem to always agree.
But ya know, I forget that everyone needs their own opinion. Annie Holdsworth taught me that a couple weeks ago during Open Studio. (I ADORE her!) She said she liked something, and I apologized for not really liking it as well. She said something to the equivalent of, "Don't apologize, we don't need to have the same opinion. It's good to be different."
I've been thinking about that a lot since then.
I think I forget that we don't all need to fit into the same mold of "perfect."
Just like life, a song in monotone is simply boring. We need notes and harmony and rhythm to spice things up! :)
So yeah, no bueno. I’m working on that. Honesty and Individualism.
Why was I telling you all that? I'm actually not entirely sure. But I do know this: I’m writing in this blog again to work on being more open. Sharing my thoughts more. Getting rid of that public persona that we all have. I’m just trying to balance everything. So please forgive me if I share too much. I’m still working things out in my head. But I feel like if I write in here then maybe anyone who reads this might understand me more. Maybe I’ll feel more comfortable opening up more. That’s definitely a hurdle I need to overcome.
I'm excited to overcome this. :)

That's a wrap,
Haily.

No comments: