Wednesday, July 11, 2012

An Answer in a Different Way

I talk too much. :)
That was probably a dumb idea to start blogging again.
Because now I start thinking in blog posts.
And I write too much.
I know I wouldn't want to read all that, 
so I'm trying to simplify things.
Sorry bout that.

That whole Sugarland obsession? 
It lasted an hour.
I just can't make-up my mind.
Thank heavens for Pandora.

I just NEED to share these songs with you.
So so so good. :)


I love THIS song!!! 
His voice.
Just the song
It just makes you feel good.
I think it's cute.
I want to learn how to play it on the piano.
It's on repeat at my house right now.
New favorite song of the week! :)
Kevin Hammond.
LOVE his voice!!!!
If you haven't heard Maybe you've gotta hear it.
His voice is PHENOMENAL!!
But here's some others by him I really like. :)
Just As I Thought -Kevin Hammond

The Way You Move - Kevin Hammond
SO good!! :)

...
Those are the amazing ones.
If you like those,
Here's some pretty good ones:
Human - Darren Criss

Keep Breathing -Ingrid Michaelson

But yeah, 
I should probably leave it at that.
Oh, but one more thing:
Sometimes Emily Millard mentions me in her blog 
and she entirely makes my day.
And then as I try and let her know 
how stinkin' much I love her guts
and just trying to somehow explain to her
just.how.incredible. 
she is at art.
And she was saying how she,
of all people,
felt intimidated to do art.
I knew that feeling all too well.

Randomly He puts this thought in my head.
It came from out of nowhere,
But it makes so much sense.
And it was
exactly.
what.
I.
Needed.
To.
Hear.

It makes sense to me.
Maybe it would help you, too.
Maybe not, but I feel like I should post about it.
I'll try and explain what I was saying again:
Nah, I think I'll just copy and paste my comment.
Easy way out... :)

---

I feel like this: 
I feel like He has given us this artistic talent 
and we're supposed to use it to help his work somehow. 
Satan has gotta know just how easily 
we feel insignificant and inadequate. 
So he plays that to his advantage 
and makes us scared of failure. 

I don't think Heavenly Father would ever 
want us to feel that way 
about the gift He's given us. 
It only makes sense 
that it comes from the devil.

This is all making sense now. 
Every time we feel like not drawing 
because we're scared of failure 
that's Satan keeping us from creating 
and which also keeps us from 
learning and growing.

Maybe the times we are the most afraid 
are the times we need to just do it the very most.
Maybe. :)
Huh. That makes sense.

---

And so,
I'm forcing myself to finish that painting of Adam.
The one that was his graduation present.
Yes, his graduation was in May.
Minor details...

Well,
I was halfway done with it the day of his graduation
But I haven't touched it since.

I've been too scared.
It's intimidating.
And the fact that my family liked it so much 
made it even more intimidating
Every time I looked at it
I just felt inadequate.

I've been wanting to work on it for awhile.
I just needed something to take away my fears

  And in a round about way
I got exactly what was looking for.

Prayers. Are. Answered.
Haily. :)

No comments: