Monday, July 9, 2012

Ketchup or Mustard?

I know, I already posted today. 
And it's 11:12 
(barely missed the wish)
But I just realized something just barely.
It seems profound to me and I felt like I should blog about it.

..Now I'm just smiling to myself at how dumb it really is.
Sometimes things sound better inside your head, okay? :)
So put on your imagination caps and work with me here, k?

- - -

So I was making corndogs just barely.
(What a deep beginning. Corndogs. Really?? Haha!)
Actually, I tried deep frying them this time.
(Because when things are deep fried they become more unhealthy 
which also seems to magnify their deliciousness.)
But that's beside the point.

So, as they were sizzling,
 I decided to get out the Mustard 
to "speed up the process" and to multi-task.
I remembered how some people liked Ketchup with their corndogs.
"Mustard is so much better"
I thought to myself.

But then I stopped.
How do I know that??
I've never even tried Ketchup with it!
Here I am with my little close-minded self
blindly 100% positive my way is the right way.
Why?
Because it's what I know.

So I got out the Ketchup 
and I put it in a little pile 
by my Mustard.

I tried it, 
and it really wasn't bad.
In fact,
I kinda like it.
It's entirely different.
In a good way.

But this whole time I was sure that MY way was the RIGHT way.
Just because it's all I know.

Thought 1:
Why does there have to be a RIGHT way?
Why does my mind think so black and white about everything?
All ways are different and add quirkiness and spice to life.
That would be lame if everyone liked Mustard.

Thought 2:
I find it sad that because my parents like Mustard that's what I like too.
I've never even thought to try anything else.
Because that's weird.
Anything different than what we grew up with knowing is weird.
This may be a bit out on a limb,
But I think that's where racism comes from.
Their cultures are different than what we're familiar with.
Therefore they're weird or wrong.

I'm just rethinking my opinions and their motives.
I think it's interesting to think about.

I'm not sure if this even makes an ounce of sense.
I also doubt my logic skills at this time of night.
 I'm pretty sure this makes me look like a loon.
Maybe it got you thinking though.
Maybe.
 
Haily. :)

No comments: