Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mean What You Sing

So...
I found this artist I really like.
I decided I liked him a lot when I heard this
And I had to listen to it several more times.
Because it gave me happy chills. :)

And then I watched him sing this.
I never watch the videos when people sing.
Because I don't like watching people fake emotion.
And in music videos you can always feel the fake barrier.

I feel like most of the top music artists 
aren't artists anymore.
They just repeat words.
Words they don't even mean.
They just like the way it sounds.
Or the way it rhymes.
They're useless words.
And you can tell it doesn't mean a thing to them 
as you watch them sing.
But I gave this video a try,
and I couldn't look away.
Because my ears loved it,
But more importantly,
my heart felt it.

Maybe you will too:

And then
 I saw this.
So clever.
And I love this song.
Maybe you'll like his version too:
 How awesome is that? :)

And then this sealed the deal.
Because This is his voice LIVE.
And he wrote this song!
...But mostly because of his adlibbed lyrics. :)
He's endearing as he sings.

There's my tracks on repeat for 7.17.12
I love finding new artists.
Everyone has different styles of music, 
so maybe you won't like him. 
But if you do, comment below. 
I want to know which one is your favorite! :)

That's all for now.
Haily. :)

1 comment:

Emily Jane said...

I LOVE Ben Rector, too!:) he's great.