I've just let it bother me for too long.
It hurt to be replaced.
It still does.
I've been letting it affect me for
how long?
Too long.
I'm learning to accept that some people aren't in my life anymore.
And I'm learning to be okay with that.
I'm happy they were my friends at one point.
I am better because of them,
and it's time for them to go help other people.
I'm learning that.
And I'm okay with that.
There are days I miss the times I had with them,
but I'm alright with where they are in my life.
They're happy where they are,
And I'm learning to be happy for them.
But you are the one person I've struggled with.
You were
so
very
much
a
part
of
my
life
at one point.
And I guess that's why I'm struggling so much.
No, I've struggled so much
I'm making it a thing of the past.
Because here is what I'm learning.
I'm just going to type the words
I'm saying out loud to the screen.
You made me better.
And I'm thankful for you.
You helped me grow a lot.
And thank heavens,
Because I needed quite a bit of growing.
I needed you in my life.
There were things I had to learn from you.
You helped me
no matter the time of night
no matter the circumstances
no matter how silly
or how dumb
or how rough
or how in trouble you would be the next day
because of it.
You helped me no. matter. what.
I don't even know how to express
my insane amount of gratitude towards you.
We had some good good times.
I'm trying not to miss you.
I've tried for over a year now.
And this silly hope inside of me
wants to relive it all again.
Because that was quite the adventure.
But I know,
With the new people we are now
we really don't work anymore.
I guess that's okay.
But there was a time when you were exactly what I needed.
And so I am burning these hurt feelings towards you.
They're gone now.
Because I have
so
much
good
about you to remember.
And I want to savor every last bit of memory.
Those were times to celebrate.
---
It started as a blog post,
but then It became a letter to her.
(That's part of the long letter I wrote.)
I started saying how I felt.
The things I wanted to say
but the words I never knew how to.
I finally forgave her.
I finally thanked her.
I thought maybe things would
finally be worked out now.
I've prayed
and fasted
and cried
over it for over
two years now.
It was finally going to all be resolved.
I felt peace and comfort as I wrote all my thoughts out.
And then I sent it.
Anxiously waiting for a response.
It's been a week.
No response.
I guess that's my answer.
I guess that's okay.
I'm thankful for the people
who have been in my life.
I'm grateful for the people
who are in my life.
I'm happy about the people
I'm getting to know better.
Because everyone who has
walked into my story,
no matter how many
chapters or lines
you were in,
you have all
taught me something.
And it's become apart of me.
---
Junior year is going to teach me a lot.
This is going to be a good year.
I have a lot of learning to do.
I'm excited.
Haily. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment