I am on Cloud Nine right now!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
Let me start at the beginning::: :)
So Once upon a time,
I was watching Speed Drawings on Youtube,
And I saw one with Dry Brush as the medium.
What the heck is that??
So I read some articles about it,
and my creative juices were dying to run loose!
I was thrilled to try something new.
I didn't just want to draw a picture of a pretty girl.
No.
I want to do art that expresses me.
It's about time I did someone that meant a lot to me.
I wanted to make the viewer feel something.
I wanted to do something I was passionate about.
Let me start at the beginning::: :)
So Once upon a time,
I was watching Speed Drawings on Youtube,
And I saw one with Dry Brush as the medium.
What the heck is that??
So I read some articles about it,
and my creative juices were dying to run loose!
I was thrilled to try something new.
I didn't just want to draw a picture of a pretty girl.
No.
I want to do art that expresses me.
It's about time I did someone that meant a lot to me.
I wanted to make the viewer feel something.
I wanted to do something I was passionate about.
Last week some friends from Cries of Freedom
encouraged me to do some religious art.
It kept coming into my thoughts,
And I felt like it was something I really needed to do.
it was my first time with the medium,
but it cooperated really nicely!
As I was working,
I felt the Holy Ghost helping me more than normal.
The whole time I just had a peaceful feeling.
And I feel like I was guided where to fix things
and how much of what to use.
It was just an amazing experience!
It was just an amazing experience!
I wanted to put myself out there,
and so I sent a message to some big LDS pages on fb with my piece.
Several of them replied and said they would post my work!!! :)
"Our Beloved Prophet"
Dry Brush.I love our Prophet! This year, in honor of 100 Years of Seminary, I had the opportunity to sing in the Seminary Centennial Choir. We got to sit in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Seats, and it was a really neat experience. I remember anxiously waiting in those seats for it to start. When the prophet walked into the room we all stood and there was this overpowering wave of peace. Even on the top row of the seats where I could barely see him, I felt his strength. I felt his light. I felt his love. It was something I will never forget. I know he truly is the Mouthpiece of God, and I feel so immensely blessed to have a prophet on this Earth today.
My favorite quote by him is "It's better to look up." :)
It was posted on Thomas S Monson's page a couple hours ago,
And over three thousand people
from around the world have have seen it so far!!!!!!!!!!
I feel so immensely blessed to be able to share my testimony
with so many people through the gifts He has given me.
I am just in shock!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
WOW!!!!
I really hope that through my painting you will
I really hope that through my painting you will
feel the Prophet's love for us,
and I hope that it will
help invite the Spirit into your life.
I am dying of happiness and gratitude to my Savior!!!!
All I can say is
WOW!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)
WOW!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)
Opportunities to share my gifts are coming from every direction.
I am entirely THRILLED!!!!! :) :) :) :)
I am entirely THRILLED!!!!! :) :) :) :)
I'm working with a good friend from Cries of Freedom right now
about publishing and printing my art.
WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?! :) :) :) :)
I'll let you know what happens there.
It's just... :)
Ah.... :)
Everything is falling into place!
Ah.... :)
Everything is falling into place!
Like I never even imagined possible!!
My dream is becoming a reality right before my eyes.
So yeah,
you could DEFINITELY say
today has been an incredible day!!!!!! :)
Wishing you the very best! :)
Haily. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment